Monday 22 November 2010

Can shopping be compared with simple comfort?

With the Xmas feeling spread throughout the streets, I can hardly resist the temptation of shopping… I’m easily distracted by beautiful lighting and colors, that somehow stops me from seeing the price tag. How do you walk around and resist the temptation of buying everything that shines at you???


So I carried on walking and decided to stop at the Verde&Company which is a very cute and cozy grocery store combined with a coffee shop, the products range from fruit compotes, jams, pastas, olive oil, some fresh fruits and vegetables, nice selection of continental European goodies, and the warm ambiance is an invitation for you to sit down and chat with the friendly staff ...  
  

Not saying you should turn to food as alternative to crazy shopping… We all need to watch our weight, especially with the festive season coming up, but there is nothing wrong with some comfort… When you are just about to spend a fortune on a stunning dress or a lovely winter coat that “you don’t have”…  Instead, I thought I would walk into a coffee shop and order the most glamorous coffee I could find…  I ended up ordering a cappuccino,  even thought of some Belgium chocolate… But in the process found myself being satisfied by a simple touch of comfort and coziness around me …




  
40 Brushfield Street, Spitalfields, London, E1 6AG.
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7247 1924  





1 comment:

  1. I know... even the mere thought of Belgian chocolate can do the trick sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete