Wednesday 10 November 2010

Breakfast Burrito - A healthy alternative?

This is probably one of my favorite breakfasts in the world. If you think we have cereal in the morning, think again…there are thousands of different ways of making this but here is my version. It’s simple, healthy and most importantly, very yummy!

Ingredients

2 x eggs
1 x tomato
½ ripe avocado
¼ onion
1 x flour tortilla
3-4 jalapenos
grated cheese (handful)



Preparation

1) Sprinkle some grated cheese onto the flour tortilla. I usually use Conté because I always have some in the fridge, but you can use cheddar, mozzarella or any other cheese of your choice.
2) Chop the tomato, onion and jalapenos in small cubes, then cut the avocado in thin slices.
3) Turn your oven on grill and place your tortilla to melt for 3-4 minutes only. Don’t let the edges burn otherwise they dry out and you’ll have hard time folding your wrap.
4) In the mean time, scramble your eggs in a bowl and pour in hot a pan. This also takes about 3-4mins depending on how you like your eggs. I like mine very soft and barely cooked.
5) Once the eggs and tortilla are ready, add all your ingredients on top, season with salt and pepper and fold your tortilla into a wrap. 



TIP: I like to add a tea spoon of milk in my eggs – this makes them slightly creamier


No comments:

Post a Comment