Friday 21 January 2011

Sunday Brunch - BBQ & Cachaça



Tio Francisco & Tia Angela hosted brunch at their house on Sunday to wish me a good trip back to London … Considering they are quite religious, it didn’t cross my mind we would be drinking alcohol at lunch , let alone Cachaça …

Cachaça is a liquor made from fermented sugarcane. It is the most popular distilled alcoholic beverage in Brazil. It is also known as pinga, caninha or other names. Cachaça is mostly produced in Brazil, it is normally served on its own as a shot or as a cocktail, the most popular popular is the famous Caipirinha (we’ll talk about it in a future posting.






Tio Francisco is a great cook and very passionate about food, he loves talking about it and sharing his great secrets in cooking … I remember as a child spending vacations with them and writing on my diary “I hate Tio Francisco, he made me eat minhoquinhas”… “Minhoquinhas” (little worms) was my conception of his aubergine salad, which was finely chopped and then dehydrated in salt to achieve the cooking texture. Little did I know that aubergine would be one of my favorite vegetables EVER … and I eat it in any shape or form … and to revive my childhood days, he obviously made especially for me his famous “salada de minhoquinhas” I can now write on my blog …. I love Tio Francisco for his awesome aubergine salad ;-)



They also served Pork BBQ ribs marinated one day before with special herbs prepared by Tio Francisco, a Palm Heart tart made by Tia Angela which was absolutely delicious, light and fluffy, filled with lots of palm hearts and flavor.



I was meant to bring the desserts (made by myself) but  got stuck in the process of having fun and completely forgot I had to prepare them ….  So I cheated and stopped at my favorite bakery in Sao Paulo “Padaria Elite” at Perdizes and ordered a strawberry and Lemon tart, unfortunately I couldn’t take the credit myself but they were DELICIOUSSS!


Obrigada Tios pelo almoco tao divertido e gostoso xx

Text & Photos by Fabiana Boarin

1 comment:

  1. Oi Fabi, nem precisa me perguntar se fiquei com água na boca...rs...ficram lindas as fotos, com ótims composições...parabéns!!!

    bjs

    ReplyDelete