Wednesday 8 December 2010

It’s official! Festive season is on…

When I spoke to Carol on Sunday morning, it felt like music to my ears when she said lunch at mine …. After Carla’s birthday cooking session on Saturday, the last thing on my mind was to start cooking again ….

When I got to Carol and Alex’s home I realized the festive season was officially on …. With the Xmas tree up and the Mulled wine perfuming the ambiance the only thing that could be missing was the turkey  to complete the Xmas spirit …. It didn’t take me long to figure out there was nothing missing, the smell coming from the oven gave it away … a huge and delicious turkey,  which I normally find a bit dry,  but this time it was moist and tender, coated with smoked bacon which gave it a really nice touch. It was served with perfect roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts and carrots... just what the doctor ordered !!! And to add to Alex’s  beautiful turkey, Carol made a vegetarian lasagna that everyone loved…
We were all impressed by Alex’s secret, specially because it was the first time he cooked a turkey, but being a good cook as he is, it couldn’t have been first time luck... Later it was revealed that he forgot the turkey’s neck inside, while it was cooking... Could it have been the secret ?!? ;-)

Big thanks to Alex and Carol for the lovely lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment